Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Snatches, squats and running...oh my!

Last night was a tough one...
Strength work was the following:
Power Snatch + Hang Squat Snatch+ Full Snatch 5x1 @ 95lbs
Squat 3x5 @ 145lbs

I have a love/hate relationship with snatching.  I enjoy the lift, I really do, but I know my form is awful, and slow.  I need a lot of work on this, but I get excited just thinking about the amount of weight I could move if I got the form down....
The squats were simple, that's only about 60% of my 1rm.  I am at the beginning of a cycle with them, but now starting to squat twice a week.

My Wod for the day was "Nancy"
5 rounds
400 run
15 OHS @ 65lbs

I finished in 13:53, which is right around my PB of 13:45.

Coming off a weekend of poor eating, and a night of terrible sleep, I'll take this training session for what it was..looking forward to tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment