Thursday, June 14, 2012

Rest, Recover, Repeat...

When I started crossfit, I drank the kool-aid, like it was my job.  I was addicted, BIG TIME!  For a very long time I wouldn't take rest days, actual rest days.  Going weeks without proper rest only wears you out.  I use to think "My times are slower, I must not be pushing hard enough."  Or my personal favorite "If I'm struggling I need to get in there more."  Then I was given this...

http://www.catalystathletics.com/articles/article.php?articleID=118&fb_source=message

I was suffering from all of these symptoms, and just thought I was being lazy, or not working hard enough.. Boy was I WRONG!!!!

Now, I push myself hard, and look forward to the rest days.... I really look forward to the rest days!!

My new nephew Sean knows how to properly rest :)

No comments:

Post a Comment